I am currently OPEN to new editing jobs. Here’s the deal though: I’m a great editor and beta-reader, but of the two, I find beta-reading more enjoyable and charge a more reasonable price as a beta reader.
If you know your stuff is good, and you’re only looking for an extra set of eyes or beta-reader, then shoot me a message; otherwise, I instead suggest using Reedsy.com.
- I received my first traditional book deal when I was only 22 and that book, Mass Casualties, went on to receive a starred review from Publisher’s Weekly, and praise and acclaim from other publications, veterans, and writers across the country, and was later optioned by SONY.
- My second book, Civilianized, won the MassBay Book Award, was a notable book for the Massachusetts Book Award, and received positive reviews in Kirkus, School Library Journal, Booklist, BookReporter, and Military.com.
- My third book, Just Another Meat-Eating Dirtbag, is newly out and still racking up acclaim…check the page for updates.
- I earned a BA in English, with a concentration in creative writing, from Bridgewater State University.
- I earned an MFA in creative writing from Lesley University.
- I have been a writing mentor through the Veterans Writing Project for several years and have helped mentor several veterans onto publishing success.
- Through my MFA program I received formal training in manuscript editing, workshopping, giving feedback, and have helped edit dozens of manuscripts.
WHAT I EDIT:
Non-fiction: Memoir, Creative Non-fiction, Essay Collections, and Graphic Memoirs.
Fiction: Literary, Thriller, Graphic Novels, YA & Adult.
What I do not edit: Poetry, Screenwriting, Genre-Specific Fiction, Children’s.